Thursday 5 May 2011

Ah, the sealion has landed!

What a journey so far, my body is tired and my eyes feel dry, but my heart is happy!  As David and I walked out of the airplane connecting to the terminal I received a wave of excitement and confirmation that this is where I'm suppose to be.  I look around me, smiling at the traveling familes, warming from the many languages that flood the walls.  I am here!

As my plane was boarding in Seattle, there I sat awaiting a friend, I then said a prayer asking that the person sitting next to me might benefit from our conversation.  I started getting excited, anticipating my new 'friend'.  Who would it be?  The older man with a bit of a comb over, or the young bearded man whose eyes looked dull and tired.  Neither, but a young woman wearing a bright green sweater that complimented her eyes.  She brought with her a sandwhich, and from the turkey smell sparked our conversation. 

The seat next to her was soon taken by a young man wearing a green baseball cap, headphones in his ears and a pistacio hoody.  I made eye contact and said "looks like I didn`t get the wear green memo guys"  My white shirt standing out loudly.  They laughed and good feelings of connection flooded the plane.  I love this, if there´s one feeling that makes me feel so free and loving its the feeling of connecting and laughter with strangers.  Its rare, but with warming up to the world starting with a sincere smile, shells start to crack.

I can´t wait to smell the air out there, YUM!  So fare thee well friends.  Make a connection today, someone is just waiting to be surprised by your beautiful smile.  Spread your light and you´re light grows brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment